Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Little Apple Pie's for Thanksgiving

I made the crust from scratch, but you could buy pre made pie crust dough in the box. Roll it out, cut out circles about 1" wider than the muffin tin hole. I only made 7 of these because I only had 2 apples. I cut the apples into little pieces, put them in a bowl with 1/3 c. sugar, 1 tbs cinnamon, and 2 tbs flour. Mix together.  Put the pie crusts in a muffin tin sprayed with Pam and gently push down to cover the inside of the muffin cup. Fill with the apples so they are mounded up a little above the top. Take a small piece of butter...about 1/4 TBS and put it on top of the little pie, then I took the leftover pie crust and cut out the hearts. Put that on top of the butter. Put in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 14 to 18 minutes. Start checking about 12 minutes in and go until its golden and the crust is cooked.  I adapted this recipe from http://www.littlebitfunky.com/2011/10/what-i-made-for-monday.html to suit what I had on hand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment